Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wiped Out With a Smile On My Face:)

So we just returned from a five-day trip to Asheville, NC for the wedding of our nephew. I can't remember the last time we were away with our kids....and THIS time we had our kids AND our granddaughter! JACKPOT!! :) Add to that six cousins (from MA), brother-in-law and sister in law (from Atlanta), nephew (the groom) and new niece (the bride), another nephew & his g/f, extended family, friends ... and OHHH YEAHHH, my mother-in-law!! Haha!!!! So it all worked out great. But AS USUAL, following any trip let-alone a fairly active one, I am thoroughly EXHAUSTED. Something I've learned from having Lupus is that we make choices. We either participate in 'the games' and pay or we don't participate. Sometimes I DO choose to sit it out, but THIS time--I was not about to miss out on one single moment. Actually, that's not true. I DID miss out on some things...and those are usually the ones that occurred after 10PM. I just couldn't push anymore. As it is, I got home and got into PJ's (yesterday) and haven't gotten OUT of them since. I will take a shower tomorrow though, I PROMISE. This is just how it is. And what I am so grateful for is the fact that I don't have to get dressed to go to work. I'm SO fortunate in that I don't even have to work at ALL if I don't want to (thanks to my angel of a husband), but I really DO want to. I did a little work on Etsy today. I added two new items (earrings) which I will post here:


I would also like to introduce you to a new friend I met on Etsy, Anne Pierce who owns "WeeLambieKnits". As soon as I can figure out how to include her link here, I will do so. (Another problem with the lupus & the fatigue is "BRAIN FOG" a/k/a DUHHHH~) Sorry, Anne!!<3

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ju Ju
    thanks for the great intro to your wonderful blog Anne

    ReplyDelete