Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's a constant struggle, to remain optimistic & hopeful ... especially on days like today.  It took every ounce of my strength to shower & get dressed this morning.  I managed to walk the dog but now the task of emptying the dishwasher seems as daunting as climbing a mountain.    So it occurred to me that what I WAS able to do was to write...so here I am.  The words don't always come easily.  So I stare at the white page waiting for inspiration.  Waiting for MOTIVATION.  Waiting for this day to pass because maybe if I'm lucky, tomorrow will be better.  And it usually is.  And if it's not, I'll do what I usually do.  Bitch a little, rest a lot & hope for a better day ahead.

2 comments:

  1. gain the strength and support from those around you who love you and send good positive energy your way!! Life is second by second, minute by minute- and being grateful for what is and not what should be... You are a special women, you were a great kid and I admire you - Lisa kramer

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK you, Lisa! Yes, I could not have endured years of illness (& divorce) without the "positive energy" and wonderful friendships that I've been blessed with!!! And I think having gotten sick at a young age (17), it taught me that life IS imperfect...& it's learning to make the most of the 'imperfections' and bumps in the road that will ultimately make you a better person. Thanks so much for the comments!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete